Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Growing
















My yard is growing . It is alive with birds and beautiful plants that know what they know from the deepest helix of their DNA. I have been watching . This year I am growing and collecting seed from heirloom plants. Life is better with diversity . The population is healthier. Most people don't realize that 5 companies control over 90% of our seeds. So I am doing what many centuries of humans have done , harvesting my seed for the coming year. The spinach has seeded, the lettuce is bolting . The radishes are blooming. The tomatoes are starting to turn. The cycle of life . My fingers are purple from daring to pick the blackberries . What is alive in your space?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, please share your thoughts!