Friday, January 1, 2010

Life's illusions



Bows and Flows of Angel hair, and ice cream castles in the air,and feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at clouds that way.



But now they only block the sun, they rain and snow on everyone, so many things I would have done, but clouds got in my way.




I've looked at clouds from both sides now , from up and down , and still somehow it's
cloud illusions I recall, I really don't know clouds at all.





The magnificent peach and purple clouds blowing out of the Northwest today reminded me of Joni Mitchell's song " Both Sides Now" . Her earlier version in 1970 is contrasted with her performance in 2007 Always a unique artist, so true to her art . Joni Mitchell's music was definitely influential during the 60s and 70s. I still recall the haunting ethereal strains of her performance of Woodstock .

6 comments:

  1. this was so beautiful - i could hear her singing while i was reading! were you at woodstock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 14 when the actual festival took place, and hitching from TN to NY would have produced a death sentence from my parents, however I did manage to wiggle my way into the movie ( spring or 1970 )with a fake ID , however my life of crime was not meant to be as I forgot to memorize the birthdate on the license, the lady let me in anyway. Loved the music, I am not sure about all the mud. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the music too - and now i have my kids even listening to some dylan and joplin! re: your comment... you are so very right about how people are so reluctant to embrace the idea of reincarnation... are they looking for the black/white of hell/heaven? hoping for glory and ease after one shot? i am with you... how could one accomplish the journey in one trip around? if indeed the soul/spirit is eternal, why call it quits after one physical experience? and these mini reincarnations during the lifetime...it all adds depth, refinement, more... as hard as i work each day, i hope i have been working each lifetime... and wouldn't mind coming back as one of my cats at some point for a bit of rest! :0) be well... off to try something new again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful...Joni Mitchell's song is a perfect fit with your photos!!! I love to watch the clouds and you've managed to capture gorgeous ones!!!
    I wish you health, happiness and prosperity in the coming year...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you ladies, Mother Nature provided the clouds, I was cleaning house and looked out the window and had to grab my camera, it was quite chilly, from my frost bitten fingers for your viewing pleasure . xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you matched your beautiful photos with the lyrics! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, please share your thoughts!