Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Visitors

 Today the yard was graced by some youngins. Youthful deer coming around to graze the patches of melting snow. This one has a sweet face . She is not sure if someone is watching or not.The deer are fat and sassy going into this spring. I think this pair has been nibbling my dormant butterfly bushes. I found lots of little deer feet leading to the bush a couple of days ago. These will need to be moved inside a fenced enclosure. As much as I enjoy looking at the blooms I know the deer relish the tasty buds more. I am glad to see the deer healthy. The winter of 2010/2011 was heavy with snow and spring arrived with some very thin and almost starving deer.

 Pretty Face's companion is hanging back on the edge of the yard . Behind the deer is the pile of snow from plowing . A good sized mound.
The sun came out for a bit and sparkled up the snow . I enjoyed saying hello to the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, please share your thoughts!